- The first Xyst Young Leaders Scholarship has been awarded to Amy Tsao of Auckland Council.
- This scholarship was set up to provide the opportunity for an up and coming leader, within the Generate NZ membership, to develop their professional career.
- Amy’s ambition is to educate, motive and encourage more people to truly connect with the natural environment and its benefits..click to read more…
We support local government and other agencies in the sustainable planning and management of parks, open space and public facilities, to create better towns and cities in which to live and play.
We also partner with industry organisations to develop and deliver latest best practice solutions, tools and training. These include NZRA, IPWEA, World Urban Parks, ARPA, BCRPA, PRO and OPA.
Xyst has offices and works throughout Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
To see a sample of some of our latest work you can view our recent projects page here.
- Our very own Wonder Woman, Michele Frey has placed 3rd in the 2019 ITU Long Distance Triathlon World Championships (35-39 Female Age Group); competed on 04 May in Pontevedra, Spain. She and fellow New Zealander, Lucia Vincent, were in the top three behind group winner, Vanessa Villar Dieguez of Spain.
- Michele completed her amazing performance in 7:53:26 – what an achievement. We are so proud of you Michele!
- WANTED : SENIOR CONSULTANT
- To be based in Napier, Hawkes Bay
- We are looking for a talented and motivated person, experienced in strategic planning and project management, with 5-plus years in middle management.
- You will bring passion, professionalism and practicality; support and staff leadership skills; strong community engagement capability.
- Click the advertised role profile here and request a full Position Description
- Civil Society and Social Movements in Food System Governance is a new book out, offering insights into the governance of contemporary food systems and their ongoing transformation by social movements. And our very own Pip Mackay has contributed to a section on Searching for Fit? Institution building and local action for food system change in Dunedin, NZ. Have a quick peek here.
Plan preparation, data management and collection.
PLANNING AND POLICY
Parks and open space strategy and management plans.
Contract preparation, tender mangement and auditing.
Workshops, seminars and online training.
Parks and recreation user surveying.
Monitor and report on usage and levels of service being achieved.
Award winning, unique lighting skills and expertise.
Top to bottom analysis of the business for excellence in service delivery.
Our benchmarking tools deliver “need to know” information for your business to inform your decision making and improve your service delivery.
New Zealand Clients
Knowledge – We apply considerable shared, broad-based knowledge to the three key sectors of parks and community facilities services i.e. asset management, strategic planning and operations. This allows us to provide a genuinely holistic approach. The industry norm is for specialist knowledge in one sector only.
Understanding – Our combined knowledge and complementary skills in the public sector mean we have a greater understanding of client requirements and the industry environment. This means more insightful solutions to customer needs.
Practicality – Our knowledge and understanding are applied to create well-grounded solutions able to be implemented via useful, practical, steps.
Leadership – Our personnel are industry leaders recognised by their peers. We produce leading edge, award-winning products and outputs.
Service – We deliver a successful conclusion and promise only what we can deliver. Our experience guarantees the ability to deliver a successful conclusion.
Selwyn District Council has utilised the services of Xyst for a number of projects over the last couple of years. This has included assistance with developing sections of the Community Facilities Activity Management Plan. Xyst are genuine experts in this area and have provided high quality input to this plan that has made it both more useful and readable. Xyst have recently provided advisory services on sports field lighting for a major sports park development project in the district. We found their technical expertise in this field to be very useful in making the right decisions on significant capital investment. Xyst have also carried out parks contract audits for us and produced informative reports and analysis of the results.Mark Rykers, Selwyn District Council
Xyst have assisted Waikato District Council with the formulation of documents, which assist in setting the strategic framework and asset management of the parks and open spaces that the Council administers. These include Reserves Act Management Plans, a Parks Strategy; Activity Management Plan for the LTP and asset focused work such as the Playground Strategy. Xyst have impressed with their industry knowledge and add huge value to these projects, helping to set up Waikato District with a strategic direction for parks which has not been previously clear.Andrew Corkill, Waikato District Council
The three primary benefits of our association with Xyst and Yardstick has been: 1) meeting and collaborating with the best people in the parks business - Chris and Brian have been an invaluable resource in supporting and implementing asset management strategies in our organization; 2) meeting and sharing in the collective knowledge with other international Yardstick members including Helsinki and Dublin, and 3) providing a standardized framework to evaluate our existing AM system with other like-minded organizations and using the results to establish a clear line-of-sight for on-going improvement.Todd Reichardt
Adelaide | Melbourne | Brisbane | Sydney | Auckland | Tauranga | Hawkes Bay | Nelson | Queenstown | Christchurch | Dunedin | Whangarei