- Some of the Xyst staff took time out of the office to enjoy this new pop-up green spaces initiative from Napier City Council; the flower bombing of different locations, starting with a colourful Valentine’s Day installation in the city centre.
We support local government and other agencies in the sustainable planning and management of parks, open space and public facilities, to create better towns and cities in which to live and play.
We also partner with industry organisations to develop and deliver latest best practice solutions, tools and training. These include NZRA, IPWEA, World Urban Parks, ARPA, BCRPA, PRO and OPA.
Xyst has offices and works throughout Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
To see a sample of some of our latest work you can view our recent projects page here.
- Civil Society and Social Movements in Food System Governance is a new book out now, offering insights into the governance of contemporary food systems and their ongoing transformation by social movements. And our very own Pip Mackay has contributed to a section on Searching for Fit? Institution building and local action for food system change in Dunedin, NZ. Have a quick peek here.
- Generate NZ and Xyst have an awesome scholarship opportunity for an up and coming leader to develop their professional career. To apply, download and submit the Application Form to the address provided within the document: Xyst Young Leaders – application for scholarship
- To read more about the benefits such as mentoring, support and gaining ARPro accreditation download the Information Sheet: Xyst Young Leaders – scholarship Information
- Applications close 29 March 2019
Plan preparation, data management and collection.
PLANNING AND POLICY
Parks and open space strategy and management plans.
Contract preparation, tender mangement and auditing.
Workshops, seminars and online training.
Parks and recreation user surveying.
Monitor and report on usage and levels of service being achieved.
Award winning, unique lighting skills and expertise.
Top to bottom analysis of the business for excellence in service delivery.
Our benchmarking tools deliver “need to know” information for your business to inform your decision making and improve your service delivery.
New Zealand Clients
Knowledge – We apply considerable shared, broad-based knowledge to the three key sectors of parks and community facilities services i.e. asset management, strategic planning and operations. This allows us to provide a genuinely holistic approach. The industry norm is for specialist knowledge in one sector only.
Understanding – Our combined knowledge and complementary skills in the public sector mean we have a greater understanding of client requirements and the industry environment. This means more insightful solutions to customer needs.
Practicality – Our knowledge and understanding are applied to create well-grounded solutions able to be implemented via useful, practical, steps.
Leadership – Our personnel are industry leaders recognised by their peers. We produce leading edge, award-winning products and outputs.
Service – We deliver a successful conclusion and promise only what we can deliver. Our experience guarantees the ability to deliver a successful conclusion.
Selwyn District Council has utilised the services of Xyst for a number of projects over the last couple of years. This has included assistance with developing sections of the Community Facilities Activity Management Plan. Xyst are genuine experts in this area and have provided high quality input to this plan that has made it both more useful and readable. Xyst have recently provided advisory services on sports field lighting for a major sports park development project in the district. We found their technical expertise in this field to be very useful in making the right decisions on significant capital investment. Xyst have also carried out parks contract audits for us and produced informative reports and analysis of the results.Mark Rykers, Selwyn District Council
Xyst have assisted Waikato District Council with the formulation of documents, which assist in setting the strategic framework and asset management of the parks and open spaces that the Council administers. These include Reserves Act Management Plans, a Parks Strategy; Activity Management Plan for the LTP and asset focused work such as the Playground Strategy. Xyst have impressed with their industry knowledge and add huge value to these projects, helping to set up Waikato District with a strategic direction for parks which has not been previously clear.Andrew Corkill, Waikato District Council
The three primary benefits of our association with Xyst and Yardstick has been: 1) meeting and collaborating with the best people in the parks business - Chris and Brian have been an invaluable resource in supporting and implementing asset management strategies in our organization; 2) meeting and sharing in the collective knowledge with other international Yardstick members including Helsinki and Dublin, and 3) providing a standardized framework to evaluate our existing AM system with other like-minded organizations and using the results to establish a clear line-of-sight for on-going improvement.Todd Reichardt
Melbourne | Brisbane | Sydney | Auckland | Tauranga | Queenstown | Nelson | Hawkes Bay