- Some of the Xyst staff took time out of the office to enjoy this new pop-up green spaces initiative from Napier City Council; the flower bombing of different locations, starting with a colourful Valentine’s Day installation in the city centre.
- Civil Society and Social Movements in Food System Governance is a new book out now, offering insights into the governance of contemporary food systems and their ongoing transformation by social movements. And our very own Pip Mackay has contributed to a section on Searching for Fit? Institution building and local action for food system change in Dunedin, NZ. Have a quick peek here.
- Generate NZ and Xyst have an awesome scholarship opportunity for an up and coming leader to develop their professional career. To apply, download and submit the Application Form to the address provided within the document: Xyst Young Leaders – application for scholarship
- To read more about the benefits such as mentoring, support and gaining ARPro accreditation download the Information Sheet: Xyst Young Leaders – scholarship Information
- Applications close 29 March 2019
- Xyst Australia is seeking a senior consultant who is experienced in parks/open space management and planning, who will help support and grow the consultancy business and reputation.
- The person will have a broad range of knowledge and practical skills associated with parks/open spaces management, that ideally covers the holistic disciplines of parks planning, asset management and operations.
- If this sounds like you, then please contact us now for a copy of the job description
Xyst has been engaged by IPWEA to prepare a series of Practice Notes (PN) for parks management. The purpose of the PN’s is to provide sector specific practical guidance to implement the principles of the International Infrastructure Management Manual.
Practice Note 10.4 is designed to provide practical, parks specific management advice and guidance. It uses best practice principles combined with industry examples to implement parks management tasks in the areas of:
- Service delivery planning
- Service reviews
- Service delivery specifications
- Quality management
- Contract management
- Maintenance planning
- Financial requirements for operations and maintenance
- Documenting the above information in the lifecycle management section of the asset management plan
PN 10.4 is available from the IPWEA website bookstore www.ipwea.org/publications/bookshop